Hart House continues to make every effort to facilitate the inclusion of campus and community members with disabilities into all aspects of our facilities and services.
Patrons may gain access to Hart House by using the 10 steps via the main entrance or the ramped, accessible entrances located off Tower Road, Queen’s Park Circle and a barrier-free entrance into the Arbor Room at Hart House Circle. The main passenger elevator travels to all levels of Hart House.
Directions by TTC
Elevators are available at the St. George subway station but not at Museum station. The St. George Elevator Service Status Line is 416-539-5438. Press 7 for multilingual services.
From St. George subway, take the Bedford Rd. Exit:
Head south on Bedford Rd. toward Bloor St W. (78 metres)
Cross the street and turn right at Bloor St. W. (77 metres)
Turn left at Devonshire Pl. (400 metres)
Turn left at Hoskin Ave. (100 metres)
Turn right on Tower Road. Follow the ramp entrance into Hart House on the west side of the building.
From Museum station, take the University Avenue West Exit
Head south on University Avenue toward Hoskin Avenue (150 metres)
Turn right on Hoskin Avenue (150 metres)
Turn left on Tower Road. Follow the ramp entrance into Hart House on the west side of the building (73 metres)
The #5 Avenue Road bus stops directly at Hart House at the pathway on Queen’s Park Crescent West and runs from Queen’s Park to Eglinton subway station daily. Bus schedules can be found on the TTC’s website.
The #94A bus from Castle Frank station stops at Tower Road and Hoskin Avenue. The #94 from Wellesley station and Ossington station also stop at Tower Road and Hoskin Avenue.
Parking & Drop Off
- The address for Hart House is 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto
- Due to ongoing construction as part of the U of T Landmark project, there is no parking in the immediate vicinity.
- It is recommended that participants arriving by car/Uber/Taxi are picked up and dropped off in the 18 Queens Park Crescent West Loading Dock where there is roundabout access.
- An alternative drop off is the Hoskin Avenue/Tower Road intersection. Please note – there is no roundabout for vehicles on Tower Road.
- Hart House Circle from the Wellesley St underpass is closed to vehicles.
- The closest parking to Hart House is a 6-minute walk away. Please visit the Parking Services website or Barrier free (Accessible) Parking for more information about parking on the U of T campus.
- Please visit TTC Service advisories for posted interruptions to TTC service.
Smoking has not been permitted on University premises since January 2019. All U of T community members who wish to smoke must do so on city property (e.g., St. George Street, Queen’s Park Crescent.). For more information, read the Smoke-Free Policy